Monday, July 27, 2009

Rain Extravaganza

Hello all,
Am writing down here after some time, and there being no such prominent thing to talk about I thought would do some writing on weather…
Weather…ahh how boring when you read the above two lines, and coming from me, quite unexpected isn’t it. Wait till you read whole of it and then decide. Apologies for misdirecting, I meant to talk about rains, how many people get affected by it, no I don’t mean economically or climatically, I mean emotionally.
To elaborate, do you feel this yearn when it rains to go out and get drenched, it happens with me all the time. Feel a sense of exhilaration when those rain drops touch my face…You won’t believe it, but when I drive back home, getting wet in rain, I invariably have a smile on my face. Yes its true, I don’t know why, but I somehow can’t stop smiling, I simply enjoy it to the core. People around me driving fast to get home, careful of puddles, wearing raincoats, nothing of it seems to touch me, its something can’t be described in any vocabulary.
I know I know rains in Vadodara take a dangerous value every year, fortunately this year they are sensible yet giving us time to take pleasure out of it. Believe me I can jump in puddles, dance around, and use to do all of that as if nobody is watching. Only now, my job and my schedule doesn’t let me do it, which makes me all the more sure, its not much fun in growing up is it?? It reminds me of famous Jagjit ji's gazal..

“Woh kagaz ki kashti who barish ka pani”

Quite appropriate isn't it?? Well there is no such fun as eating something hot like bhajiyas and sipping adrak wali chaiye and watching rain droplets, cool breeze blowing on your face, airy and mixed of droplets…………
Did I invoke experiences on rain for somebody?? Well com’on everybody out there who shares little of this sentiment, share some experience of rain with us, and lets make a rainy rundown of the memory lane…

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you PRL...
    I too enjoy rains(used to when @ baroda) from heart...
    And during my 6-7 years of stay at baroda I never bought any umbrella :)
    I love to get fully drentched in pouring rains... and love to walk on flooded roads with jeans folded till kness
    Its adventure to drive with rain pouring and the water trying to get into your eyes
    Oh I feel I can write on full page over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pri... I know I am bit late to comment on your post but let me share my experience...

    I have many touchy memories with the monsoon days... My good old bachelor days when we (me and chirag)used to spend hours and hours on beach during rainy days.. omg pri..u did a very good thing by posting this blog..

    Now, here in USA, we dnt hv a season called Monsoon.. Whole year we have this magical experience... and I really enjoy it.. I too agree with harsha... Its gr88 fun to walk on a flooded roads with folded jeans.. Very Often I and Chirag walk on a Streets without raincoat and umbrella and we are an attraction for the american ppl who have never seen such a stupid activity :) but we enjoy a lot...

    Well, I guess If i wont stop here, I will write another blog in the comment section.. :)

    ReplyDelete

સુખ માત્ર મંઝિલે જ નથી હોતું, માર્ગમાં પણ હોય છે...

જિંદગીને એટલી બધી પણ ભરી ન દો કે તેમાં સુખ માટે જગ્યા જ ન રહે. તમને ગમે તેવું કંઈક કરવા જિંદગીને થોડીક ખાલી પણ રાખો. સુખ માત્ર મંઝિલે જ નથી ...